Saturday, April 22, 2017

EVALUATE


11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

                                                                   Philipp ians 4:11-13


To be able to be content with whatever life brings us is a difficult task. This passage gives us the secret to being content. It appears to be so very simple, and it is, but we make it so hard on ourselves. The secret is to draw of Christ's power for strength and rely of God's promises.

Sometimes we find ourselves wanting more and not being content with what we have. Sometimes we feel that we should not suffer like this, or that we deserve for a specific desire to be met. If you find yourself unsatisfied with what God has given you: 

1)    Ask God to remove the desire and teach you contentment in every
       circumstance and He WILL SUPPLY all your needs, BUT in a way that
       He knows is best for you. First YOU got to trust that He knows what’s 
      best for you.

 2)   Look at life from God's point of view instead of your own. Our vision
        impaired, so rely on God who knows all and sees all. In this passage,
        Paul focused on what he was supposed to do, not what he
        felt he should do.


3)    Detach yourself from the nonessentials so you can concentrate on the  
eternal. Most of the time our desire for more or better possessions is a 
longing to fill an empty place in our personal life. The answer to where 
you are lies in these questions.

        Check yourself:
                1)    To what do I draw to when i feel empty inside?
                2)    Currently, how do I find contentment?
                3)    What is my perspective of life?
                4)    What are my priorities?

This passage really caused me to self evaluate. I pray that it is a help to someone else. We all should be willing to help each other and pass on what we know so that we can help each other heal.


Jesus did not come into our hearts for us to lock him up and keep his secrets to ourselves. He came with the keys to help set others free. Don't sit on the keys! Let’s stop laughing and talking about others and let’s help loose the captives!


In Christ,

Janet Irene Thomas
Director/ Playwright/Producer
 Gospel Lyricist/Screenwriter
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts




No comments:

Post a Comment