Friday, October 6, 2017

A COWBOYS SAVING GRACE



For years I’ve known my maker
And he’s known me long before that.
Between his knees glides a gallant steed
And upon his brow rides a cowboy hat.

I never understood until just recently
The outcome of certain events.
All my sin and the fixes I’ve been in
Are forgiven, because His son He sent.

You see, Satan took the shape of a 1600 lb. Bull
And I being a mischievous cowboy, good-humored,
and full of sin
Pulled the flank strap, jumped on his back,
And out in the arena we did spin.

There was 8seconds of silent battle,
Just him and I alone.
He bucked me down, I lit on my crown
And decided I had broken every bone.

It was about then that fear set in
As I tried to climb out of the dirt.
The bull lunged with a flash and the
whole crowd gasped
Because they all knew that I was hurt.

It was pure adrenaline driving me
As I jumped to make my break.
I was almost there when I felt horns and hair
Just five feet from the darn gate.

I thought “now’s my time, I’m a goner for sure,”
As I frantically searched all around.
But my Savior appeared in costume and gear
Dressed as a rodeo clown.

I’ve never been a wanting man
Of help or God’s free grace,
But at that time I made up my mind
And was relieved to see Christ’s face.

He stepped between the bull and I
And I knew he took my place.
For every gore the crowd groaned more
And the life drained from his face.

I know that fellow Cowboy
Was God’s Saving Grace,
Because when he died I was on his mind
I could read it on his face.

Ya know it has taken years of my life
Before I was able to see
That it took a life laid down by that rodeo clown
To be forgiven of sin eternally.
written by Kayci Sears

In Christ,
Janet Irene Thomas
Playwright/Director/Screen Writer
Producer/Gospel Lyricist/Author
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment