Monday, October 9, 2017

TODAY I TRUST MYSELF_


…BUT THAT WASN’T ALWAYS ME

Once upon a time, I should have talked less and listened more.

I should have had more dinner parties even if there was no carpet and the sofa faded sunk- in and outdated.

I should have eaten ice-cream in bed and worried far less about dirtying the sheets.

I should never have ducked down in the car so my friends couldn’t see me riding in my Dad’s old Chevy station wagon. 

I should have cried less while watching television and laughed more while watching life.

I should have gone to bed when I was sick instead of fantasizing that the earth would go moving if I didn’t go to work.

Instead of hating my strict up-bringing I'd have cherished every teaching moment realizing that today I am the dignified lady that I am because of it.

THOSE WERE ALL THE YESTERDAYS.
TODAY I AM A PRINCESS WITH GOD!

Sound familiar?



In Christ,
Janet Irene Thomas
Playwright/Director/Screen Writer
Producer/Gospel Lyricist/Author
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts


No comments:

Post a Comment